Jeanne's Reviews > The Awakening and The Struggle

The Awakening and The Struggle by L.J. Smith

Mar 10, 08

bookshelves: vampires, young-adult
Recommended for: people who like Twilight
Read in March, 2008

It's another teen vampire/romance novel. Yay!

Actually, it's kind of cheesy. When Stefan Salvatore shows up at Elena's high school, it's love at first sight. He's gorgeous and exotic, and she's looking for someone new. She's fair-haired and popular and closely resembles his ex.

Oh, there's one more thing: Stefan's a vampire. From renaissance Italy. And another thing: his older brother, Damon, has also shown up. And they're battling for Elena's affections.

So corny, but so fun to read. The ending was a cliffhanger, so I guess I might just have to pick up the next book in the series.

3/10/08

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Awakening and The Struggle.

Comments (showing 1-4)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

message 4: by Dar (new) - rated it 2 stars

Dar I agree with you. It is too cheesy and corny, but it's fun to read anyway. I spent 3 days finished!

Grace well that is not true he frist saved her from a car accsinted and he studied about here and because he dated cathirene who was a vampire and looks just like elena

Grace Dar wrote: "I agree with you. It is too cheesy and corny, but it's fun to read anyway. I spent 3 days finished!"

it rtakes more time to finished

Roselynn I love this series Otis's little cheesy. But since this book was written years before twilight, I guess I cannot compare them. The further you go into the other books, the weirder they get. So I can understand why the author was fired.