Lbaker's Reviews > I Am Number Four

I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore

Apr 13, 11

bookshelves: childrens-youth, end-of-the-world, science-fiction
Read in March, 2011

This is a young adult book and has a little more teenage angst than I needed, but it was also fast moving and interesting.

I found myself predicting what would happen and to whom from the very beginning and found by the end most of my predictions were right, but I'm happy that I was wrong about Sam - he wasn't sacrificed.

Most of the characters were three dimensional, although a few were primarily throw aways. Although John was the "hero" I found Henri to be more sympathetic and likable. I really appreciated that in the finale John was not a superhero, more a bumbling kid. This was much better in the book than in the movie.I will happily read the next in what I'm sure is going to be a series.

The movie - I went and saw it last night - thank goodness it was cheap Tuesday as it was not worth paying much for! While I recommend the book as a good, light, fast read, the movie will be worth the price of admission only when viewed for free!

Last, regarding the character Sarah; in the book she was a little weak but developed into someone what you could see John falling for, in the movie, all her best book bits were gone - she just got to scream and look pretty - why take away her strengths?

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Am Number Four.