Kristy's Reviews > A Touch of Dead

A Touch of Dead by Charlaine Harris

5202948
Apr 01, 11

Read in January, 2010

I don't know how to rate these novels - my husband told me to start a 'guilty pleasures' book shelf and put them on there and rate them accordingly, but I'm not ready to start making separate shelves yet! They're totally trashy & when I read the first one I originally thought "this is so poorly written & trashy, who reads these?" Quickly I was sucked in and read every single last page of every single book in the series along with a short stories book. (I mean, it only take a brief evening to read one!) I'm anxiously awaiting the next book in the series, number 11 I think?

For literary merit I'd have to give them 1-2 stars, but I'm giving them 4 because I'm being honest with myself and everyone else & not being ashamed of the fact that these are very entertaining books. (Especially if you're into poorly written smut, like me. :)) Oh yeah, I have a total CRUSH on Eric - boo Bill, YAY ERIC! Here's hoping Sook chooses wisely!

(The short stories are definitely not as good as the books in the series, but worth reading because they fill in a lot of gaps.)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Touch of Dead.