Kristin's Reviews > Matched

Matched by Ally Condie

Jan 06, 2015

liked it
bookshelves: fiction, romance, young-adult, science-fiction, dystopia-futuristic
Read from April 04, 2011 to January 03, 2015

Ok, so I pretty much flew through this book. It was, in many ways, very similar to The Giver. I kinda felt like certain things were stolen from it, actually. They had the whole pills for emotions, the killing of the old to get rid of them, the picking of your jobs... etc. But in many ways this was different too. I really hate that I have to wait several months to read the next in the series. If I would have known, I probably would have waited to read this. Maybe I should give this three stars, but I really did get into the story and enjoyed it quite a bit.

Not sure what I think about Cassia. She was way too predictable, but Ky and Zander totally made up for it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Matched.

01/01/2015 marked as: currently-reading
01/01/2015 page 0
0.0% "I've read this before, nearly 4 years ago, and the second and third books weren't out yet. Figured it's time to pick it back up and finish the series finally. Trying to empty out my to-read list in 2015."
01/04/2015 marked as: read

Shauna Is this book appropriate for Savannah? Someone gave it to her, but I wasn't sure?

message 2: by Kristin (last edited May 06, 2011 10:38PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kristin Yeah, there's nothing in there that's bad. Actually, I think the person who wrote it is LDS. She went to BYU. It's a very clean book. =)

I used to get emails when someone posted on my goodreads, but don't anymore. I just now saw this. Sorry it took so long for me to answer you.

Kristin Ok, I fixed it. Should get notifications in my email again. haha