Jennifer's Reviews > These Is My Words: The Diary of Sarah Agnes Prine, 1881-1901

These Is My Words by Nancy E. Turner

Feb 19, 08

Recommended to Jennifer by: M.T.'s awesome book club.
Recommended for: Everyone
Read in January, 2007

Hello, awesome book. I never imagined I would become so attached to a book inspired by the life of an early Arizona settler and history of that time. I mean, it couldn't be that interesting or compelling, right? Ha ha!!!
Oh how I love Sarah Prine! Her inconquerable spirit. Her yearning and self motivation to achieve the seeming impossible of her circumstances. The book begins a recounting of the daily life of Sarah Agnes Prine. It is in journal entry form, inspired by actual life events of the Author's Grandmother, and history of the Arizona territory. The writings in the beginning are the very broken and struggling attempts of a formally uneducated 17yr old to describe and understand her daily experience. Through her journey and the end of the book, her writings begin to transition into very smooth, insightful and interesting words. Reflections of thoughts and daily life, realizations of things unimaginable today without the journal tellings of those long ago. This book has action, adventure, humor, amusing cleverness, vulnerability, and a lot more I am going to let you discover on your own.
Sarah becomes such a wonderful heroin and champion. Reading her story will have you exercising every different emotion you possess. You'll be rushing to get your hands on book 2 , "Sarah's Quilt".
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read These Is My Words.