Natalia's Reviews > I Love You and I'm Leaving You Anyway: A Memoir

I Love You and I'm Leaving You Anyway by Tracy McMillan

Apr 01, 11

Read in March, 2011

I just finished this book. I loved the beginning. I loved the end. In the middle I got a little bored. She switches back and forth between her present and her past, but by the end I loved how she wrapped it all up enough to make sense. It end wouldn't have come out so well had she told the story in chronological order.
Her life story is kind of fascinating but the focus of the book is her relationship with her dad. It is sort of inspirational the way that she has evolved emotionally and been able to figure out the kind of person so wants to be. I admire her ability to tell an honest story and am fascinated with the way that she can explain emotions so clearly. Even if you have never felt the way she has, she makes it so that you could understand and even empathize with her.

Lastly, although I liked the book, I wouldn't recommend it to people who aren't into memoirs because they probably would be bored in the middle and never finish. This book is definitely for people who want and can discuss emotions and relationships between people. Since I am always intrigued by that sort of thing I liked the book.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Love You and I'm Leaving You Anyway.

message 1: by Cheryl (new) - added it

Cheryl I wish I would have seen this before returning it to the library. I couldn't deal with the switch to past and present. Maybe I will give it another go.