Paula Elder's Reviews > Wicked Appetite

Wicked Appetite by Janet Evanovich

F_50x66
Apr 01, 11

Read in November, 2010

Wicked Appetite by Janet Evanovich is the start of a new series with new characters with a familiar feel for those of us who are Stephanie Plum fans. This series takes place in the Boston and Salem areas, so there is a hint (sometimes more than a hint) of magic in the air. There are “stones” to be found of great power that make them very dangerous – and valuable – to those who know about them. Special gifts possessed by Elizabeth and others are needed by Diesel and/or Wulf to recover these stones. The series appears to be taking on the Seven Deadly Sins, with Gluttony as the first.
Elizabeth Stone reminds me of Stephanie, of course; Diesel could be several of the men in Stephanie’s life. And, the sexy danger around Wulf keeps you reading. The fact that Lizzy is the cupcake queen was, at least to me, a very funny tie to the Plum books.
I had feared this series might be too much like Stephanie Plum when I first started, but I was quickly engulfed in Lizzy’s life and forgot all about Stephanie. (This is also a great “listen” on audio.)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wicked Appetite.