Sandy Vaughan's Reviews > A Game of Thrones

Apr 25, 11

bookshelves: listened
Read from April 20 to 23, 2011

Narrated by Roy Dotrice, 33 hrs and 53 minutes, Unabridged

Normally a 2 credit book on Audible.com but available for just 1 (can you say 'sale'?) AND coming to HBO as a series, I snatched it up!

There is a wee irritation that cannot be blamed on the narrator or the author but the editing. When a book is recorded, it is generally done in many sittings. Several times the start was not dubbed over the last sentence or started with the next but rather repeated.

Roy Dotrice did a grand job with well defined vocal characters which helped the listener know who was speaking. There's a HUGE cast!

If you like lots of plots and subplots; good guys that lose, bad guys who lose; the evolution of characters as life changes; people who are sometimes good, sometimes bad, sometimes deluded then insightful...OH, AND wolfs, dragon eggs, spell casting, and some undead, you might enjoy this one as much as I did.

Remember while it is 33 hours and 53 minutes long (probably a thick book but faster read), it did hold my attention the whole time!

NOTE: This is fantasy for ADULTS ONLY as there are explicate violence and sex scenes!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Game of Thrones.

04/25/2011