Shannon (Giraffe Days)'s Reviews > No Rest for the Wicked

No Rest for the Wicked by Kresley Cole

Feb 24, 08

bookshelves: paranormal, vampires, 2008, shape-shifters, favourite, romance
Read in February, 2008

A thousand years ago the Valkyrie Kaderin showed mercy to a Horde vampire, and then watched the same vampire kill her sisters. She begged to not feel, and was so blessed. Now Kaderin the Coldhearted is a ruthless vampire killer, emotionless and deadly. Until she comes across one particular vampire whom not only can't she kill, but who reawakens the feelings inside her.

Sebastian was turned by his brothers against his will and has spent the last three centuries in isolation. Once a scholar and warlord, he now just wants to die, and being killed by a stunning young woman seems like the perfect way to go. Until she starts his heart beating, his lungs filling with air, and his body come alive - now he has something to live for.

But ancient enemies are not so easily reconciled, and Kaderin in particular has no intentions of reverting to a "feeler". She needs to be cold again, so she can win the Hie for the sixth time - a scavenger hunt game for creatures of the Lore held every 250 years by the Goddes Riora. And this time, the prize is worth evening: a key that can take her back in time to save her sisters.

This book has such an original plot for a paranormal romance, and the Hie was exciting and great fun. Through it all Sebastian and Kaderin grow and change, and it is not love at first sight. The background stories continue but don't play a major part, and the ending is very satisfying. And I felt so sorry for Bowen!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read No Rest for the Wicked.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Cindy I start reading this one tonight. I just started this series and I love it.

Shannon (Giraffe Days) Cindy wrote: "I start reading this one tonight. I just started this series and I love it."

It's one of the absolute best! I just recently got her new YA novel and I'm so excited to start reading it.

Cindy LOL I just purchased all the books in the Immortals After Darks series. I think I am going to be purchasing a new bookself this week too.