Amanda (Pearl the Book Girl)'s Reviews > Crescendo

Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick

Oct 26, 14

bookshelves: young-adult, angel, paranormal-romance, audiobook, abuse, bir-2013
Read from August 12 to 21, 2013

The ending saved this from being a 1 star book. At least 75% of this book is just stupid mean girl drama. Marcie isn't even a character, she's a charicture. Her bullying was just so over the top and Nora and Vee's gossiping about Marcie's sexuality was so cruel that I came very close to quitting. I really hated all of the fat-shaming Marcie did and all of the slut-shaming Nora and Vee did. So much of the book's focus was on Marcie and Nora's cat fights that I often found myself wondering what was the main plot of the book.

I actually liked the plot twist with the parents (though I figured it out long before Nora (not suprised really)) but a lot of the angel lore is rushed and therefore confusing. I think a lot of this was stretched out too thin to force a trilogy. It feels like an afterthought, like the author wrote all of these relationship drama scenes and then went, oh crap I need to actually have a story.

Also, Patch and Nora have an abusive relationship. It is not healthy and they should not be together. You shouldn't be trying to make him jealous by kissing other boys, he shouldn't be sneaking around with other girls, and he should never say he literally could kill you. Seriously kids, don't get your relationship advice from this series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crescendo.

08/12/2013 marked as: currently-reading
08/15/2013 page 70
16.0% "bad"
08/20/2013 page 315
73.0% "ha called that "plot twist" about a million pages ago."
08/21/2013 marked as: read