Pat's Reviews > Miss Delacourt Has Her Day

Miss Delacourt Has Her Day by Heidi Ashworth

Mar 31, 11

Read in February, 2011

First, you have to know...I was a hard core Nancy Drew fan in my childhood and graduated to Agatha Christie and other sleuths for my adult reading escapism(no "romance"novels for me!)....and although I was an English major (and teacher)...I just never fell in love with Jane Austin(I was more into the Brontes)
...in fact when we read P & P for book club last year, I listened to the Audible version (although I bought the annotated book and loved reading the footnotes!)...and after about three hours I set my phone on double speed and "speed listened" to the rest...
So I was afraid the Miss Delacourt books might not be my "cup of tea"...but I was pleasantly surprised...a bit of the essence of Austin but lighter...almost a parody...the perfect book to read in a bubble bath! I enjoyed the author's use of authentic period language and her great descriptions of the clothes...because for me Austin is all about the movies based on her books and the luscious Regency costumes(I know...I'm pretty shallow)...besides I always love books with happy endings. I'll probably never be a big fan of romance novels, but I don't regret the time I spent with sweet and saucy Miss Delacourt!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Miss Delacourt Has Her Day.