Benjaminxjackson's Reviews > 98.6 Degrees: The Art of Keeping Your Ass Alive

98.6 Degrees by Cody Lundin

U_50x66
Mar 31, 11

Read in March, 2011

I am not an avid outdoorsman with a lot of experience, but I like going outside and I like knowing what to do if I get myself in trouble. So, I enjoyed this book because it was practical and it gave a lot of advice that didn't involve buying fancy gear or turning yourself into a Navy SEAL.

Cody Lundin spends a good amount of time talking about how to dress for weather and what to do when you are caught, I have used his cold weather advice this year, when I went cross country skiing and found myself quite comfortable as a result. I have not practiced building fires or some of the other skills, but if I get the opportunity, I probably will.

The book has several cartoons and some "wacky" presentation at points, but I enjoyed it because I have read other books of this type that take themselves way too seriously and make survival skills seem next to impossible for the average person to develop. I will also say, the good thing about Cody Lundin's book is that he denies being the final word and encourages you to think things through and experiment for yourself.

This book woould be a good read for people who like outdoor activities, who want to know more about outdoor survival skills, and for armchair adventurers who like to know how things can be done.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 98.6 Degrees.