Rachel's Reviews > I Am David

I Am David by Anne Holm

5196923
Mar 31, 2011

bookshelves: favorites

One of my favorite books. It is just so moving as David first experiences the world after spending his whole life in a camp. You will come to appreciate what you have more and see things in a new light as he sees them. Just a wonderful book that everyone should read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Am David.

Quotes Rachel Liked

“But Johannes had said, "Politeness is something you owe other people, because when you show a little courtesy, everything becomes easier and better. But first and foremost, it's something you owe yourself. You are David.”
Anne Holm, I Am David

“There's always something when you're at fault, too, and that fault you must discover and learn to recognize and take the consequences of it.”
Anne Holm, I Am David

“And it was most important to do what one knew was right, for otherwise the day might come when one could no longer tell the difference between right and wrong.”
Anne Holm, I Am David

“Joy passed, but happiness never completely disappeared; a touch of it would always remain to remind one it had been there. It was happiness that made one smile, then.”
tags: joy, smile

“All suffering has an end, David, if only you wait long enough. Sorrow has its life like people. Sorrow is born and lives and dies. And when it's dead and gone, someone's left behind to remember it. Exactly like people.”