Jennifer K Jovus's Reviews > Betrayals

Betrayals by Lili St. Crow

Mar 31, 11

Read in March, 2011

My thoughts:
It is rare to read a sequel that is better than the first book in a series. Lili St Crow pulls it off in Betrayals; book two of the Strange Angels series.

Dru and Graves try to find their niche in Schola where it seems the only ones that can be trusted are themselves and they don’t know who the enemy really is. There are many people that seem to be helping them but honestly these two have been pushed down and kicked so many times they don’t know what end is up. It was fun to watch them grow and mature into more independent and confident teens in Betrayals.

Graves surprised me with his instincts to protect Dru. The roll he takes on as a werewolf is not at all what I expected but I am kind of proud of him and his actions.

I wanted more of Christophe. There is so much he isn’t telling Dru and it leaves the reader BEGGING for more info right along with Dru. (Similar to the first book but much more intense)

The Strange Angels series is a perfect "in between read" one that is a quick and exciting but doesn't require a great deal of concentration. I ended up staying awake to read it because I couldn’t put it down.

The only complaint I have is that I want to know what Christophe says when he speaks in another language. (Like the first book). If you know what he is saying please leave me a comment and tell me. (THANKS)

Would I read it again? Yeah, I think once all of the books are out it will be fun to read them all together again.
Would I let my teen read this book? This book is less violent and the abandonment that Graves and Dru feel towards parents is less noticeable than Strange Angels. There is less swearing in Betrayals. So letting your teen read this book is your choice. It is a fun series for young adults but would I let my 15 year old read it? I don’t know. Ask me again in 11 years when Morgan is 15. ;D (I am on the fence with this one. I really enjoy the series and think most teens will too. Book one is more harsh than book two, but I believe it was necessary to the story)

One of my favorite lines from Betrayals, page 61
“I wasn’t as pretty as Mom, or as smart as Dad. I wasn’t good at everything I touched, like either of them. I was just one scrawny punk –ass girl.”

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Betrayals.