Vanessa's Reviews > 206 Bones

206 Bones by Kathy Reichs

Apr 04, 11

Read from March 31 to April 03, 2011

I have always enjoyed these books by Reichs. This book, however, was not quite as exciting and enjoyable. First off, Dr. Temperance Brennan in the books is not really like the Dr. Brennan on Bones. She is more serious and more of an introvert in the books. In this particular book, she was even more distant and cool than usual though. This sometimes made it harder to get through the story.

The story is somewhat interesting as you are going back and forth through time in parts - relating what situation Dr. Brennan is currently in and detailing events that led up to that situation. It wasn't too hard to figure out who the "bad" guys were. I tend to prefer a little more mystery.

My favorite part of the book was her in-laws. Although she hasn't been with her husband for years, they still treat her as part of the family and reading the interactions between the family members is great. It's especially entertaining when Detective Andrew Ryan is along.

Overall, this wasn't a bad book, but it certainly wasn't one of Reich's better efforts.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 206 Bones.