Stephanie's Reviews > Outlander

Outlander by Diana Gabaldon

F 50x66
Mar 31, 11

I work in a bookstore and so daily have the chance to talk to customers about books. When someone comes in looking for "something big" and don't mean in just size (even though this fits that bill as well!) this is the first book I direct them to. I haven't had anyone yet tell me they didn't like it. This is as epic as they come! The characters will live in your head long after you finish the book. The picture of Scotland that Diana paints is unbelievable, especially when you consider that had not been there BEFORE the book was published. Her characters and descriptions are so rich when I had the chance to go overseas, I changed my plans. I never made it to Ireland but went to Scotland instead. The book was dead on to the real thing.

Bottom line - if I were stranded on a desert island and could only have one author to read, I would pick Diana Gabaldon and this series. Jamie and Claire truly, and literally, have a love across time and it's the kind of love that everyone else just dreams of.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Outlander.