Cathy/The Crazy Bookworm's Reviews > Through Her Eyes

Through Her Eyes by Jennifer Archer

Apr 07, 2011

Read from March 31 to April 07, 2011

Through Her Eyes was different for me. Overall I enjoyed it but there were parts throughout the book that fell flat for me. At first, I had a hard time connecting with the story. It was inconsistent. It started off slow, then picked up, but then slowed down and it continued like that throughout the book. However there was some great traits about the book.

The Cover. The cover of Through Her Eyes is stunning. The Pale white face jumps out at you and the boldness of her eyes are haunting but beautiful. The cover alone will attract readers.

The main character. Tansy was a great main character, she was well written and likable. She was very easy to relate to. She is constantly moving around because her mother is a best-selling author and likes to live in the various places she writes about. The minute Tansy begins to feel like she is "Home" and makes friends, her mom is ready for another book which means another move. I immediately felt how lonely Tansy was, and felt sad for her. Henry was a great character as well, his poems were beautifully written and whenever Tansy and Henry's world collided it was quite fascinating.

Although at times it felt a little dull and boring, I really did enjoy the book. The small, slow gaps were easy to overcome once the book did pick up. I love a good ghost story, and this book gave me that fix. There were times that gave me goosebumps and had my heart beating a little faster. If your a fan of paranormal, and ghost stories, then I would recommend you give this book a try!

What I loved: The beautiful cover. The refreshing storyline
What I disliked: I wish it was tad more exciting. A little boring at times.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Through Her Eyes.