Bandit's Reviews > Hungry for Your Love: An Anthology of Zombie Romance

Hungry for Your Love by Lori Perkins

Apr 15, 11

Read in April, 2011

I guess I didn't give this more stars, because I expected something more out of this awesome concept. Romance and zombies sounds like fun, sounds like one might want to get creative, let the imagination roam a bit, something...However, I feel like a lot of authors in this book just sorta offered up smut, smut with zombies. Kinda felt like a cheap cop out. Romance as such barely makes an appearance, oddly in male author written stories. Maybe it says something about women and genre fiction, maybe it's just this book.
Brian Keene, who never phones in, offers a great story. Ridgemont High story is kinda like Laymon-esque fun. The most romantic story, possibly the best story in the book, is the final one, Later by Michael Marshall Smith. Just a great heartbreaking story. All in all, unless you're into zombie smut or erotica, I'd recommend maybe checking it out from the library or a second hand copy over buying it brand new.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hungry for Your Love.