Tincangoat's Reviews > A Kingdom Besieged

A Kingdom Besieged by Raymond E. Feist

Nov 28, 11

Read from May 08 to November 24, 2011

Feist still writes as if he's rehashing the same old story just to make money; which is sad considering how great the Talon books were. Feist knows how to write, and several of his books have shown that he writes well. Unfortunately, this one gets close, but doesn't quite make it until you're nearly done with the book. That's when a couple of events happen that will make you stop and think, "What the frick?"

My thoughts:

1. Quite honestly I'm tired of reading about Pug. Pug was fun to read when he was fresh and new in Magician's Apprentice, but now that he's omnipotent and knows it, he's just boring. Nakor, on the other hand, was a fun read because of his unpredictability. (wink, wink)

2. In order to read this book and get the "WTF?" mentioned above, you need to have read several of Feist's earlier books in order to understand the reasons behind the "WTF?" I can't say more without spoilers, but lets just say you need to read at least all the books containing Nakor and Miranda. (This new reader knows what I mean: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...)

3. Sandreena is an awesome character. I love reading her and I really want to read more about the early years between her and Amirantha.

4. My other favorite new character (sorry have forgotten his name and not near my book) is the Aussie-like archer introduced here...and again sorry, I can't say any more...spoilers. Other than, good lord, Feist, I like that guy and wanted to read more!

Other than that, I did like how the last chapter ended, and I see where it is going, but seriously, if you haven't read all Feist's books up till now, you won't get it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Kingdom Besieged.