Stephanie Smith's Reviews > The Energy Cure: Unraveling the Mystery of Hands-On Healing

The Energy Cure by William Bengston

Mar 30, 11

I have had personal experiences with energetic hands on healing practices since 2004, and recently have participated in a traditional Japanese beginner Reiki training workshop - so I am already a believer in the power of energetic healing.

William approaches these discussions regarding hands on healing and its effectiveness from a scientific rather than spiritual point of view. He speaks of the man he learned from, his personal results and the results of numerous tests and studies he participated in conjunction with several well known biologists and established medical institutions. What may seem quite fantastical is the fact that William (as well as his own teacher and others who he taught his technique,) on many occasions with both humans and mice, sent cancers into a remissive state. In some cases he had medical professionals dismiss his results not out of disbelief, but from not knowing where to fit such experiences into what they knew about Western medicine.

I do believe that the body contains much of what it already needs to heal. Having someone work with your bodies energy with an intent to heal... glorious. But I do have to admit that while I believe in the power of hands on healing to remove emotional blockages and relieve pain, I never thought of it on a large scale to heal terminal diseases - and why shouldn't I? Why should I continue to only think small? There are cultures all over the world who have used some form of hands on healing as part of their daily lives. It is primarily in the west where we have attempted to fix a medical problem rather than heal it at an energetic level.

Anyway... enough editorializing. I enjoyed the book and the subject matter. It was an easy read and I highly recommend it to anyone that performs or receives any kind of energy healing work.

And be sure to see a doctor if you are sick. I am not qualified to determine your personal health needs.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Energy Cure.