Ashleigh's Reviews > Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang

Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang by Chelsea Handler

2039014
Apr 01, 11

Read from March 30 to April 01, 2011

First things first: Chelsea Handler is a wonderful comedian. My Horizontal Life: A Collection of One-Night Stands is great, and Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea is even better. Her first two books are full of outrageous stories, hilarious dialogue, and a plethora of excellent one-liners. Because I found her first two books so entertaining, I assumed that her third (Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang) would be no different. After about two chapters however, I realized I was going to be extremely disappointed. Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang isn't terribly unique and it isn't very funny and if I didn't know better, I'd say the book was written by somebody else. Though the structure of the book is the same as the previous two, the stories themselves are mediocre at best and the way the book is written differs remarkably from her former work; and that is where the book really falls short. Handler includes quite a few E-mails in the book that (in my opinion) exist only to serve as fillers, and unfortunately, they aren't in the least bit funny. If you have yet to read a Chelsea handler book, please avoid this one and begin with My Horizontal Life, or my personal favorite, Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang.

Quotes Ashleigh Liked

Chelsea Handler
“My tendency to make up stories and lie compulsively for the sake of my own amusement takes up a good portion of my day and provides me with a peace of mind not easily attainable in this economic climate.”

Chelsea Handler
“Vomit and feces are two reason I have decided not to procreate.”

Chelsea Handler
“I've found that many of the people who have a passion for karaoke too often have misplaced confidence, which can become aggressive and border on sadistic. I know my limits, and karaoke is where I draw the line. I wouldn't put anyone through the hell of listening to me sing a song, and I sure as shit wouldn't wait in line to do it.”