Emily Liz's Reviews > Vanish

Vanish by Sophie Jordan

3419352
Oct 08, 11

bookshelves: 5-star-books, books-i-will-review, best-books-i-ve-read, kindle-books
Read from September 27 to October 07, 2011

I love this book. I love the characters. I read the reviews and I was shocked that this book was given a 2,3 and 4 stars. Some people think that Jacinda was not a very good person, who doesn't know what she really wants. And that might be true. I am going to use the excuse that she's only a teen girl who just started in life and she is confused of all the attention between Cassian and Will. Although I really don't remember being that confused when I was a teenager. I always new what i wanted in life. But I know of many teens who are the same way as Jacinda. And to tell you the truth even adults are this way. We cant expect every one to be the same. Or to be like the person who is in this book. We have to remember that we all think differently and that all characters are also different. I always put myself in the characters shoes, even if I don't think the way they do. Just like a movie a person will have to become that character. You have to try to be a totally different person weather you like the character or not.

She loves Will but them she loves Cassian. She leads Cassian on, then she takes it back. At first I thought Cassian was a horrible person but then I found out that he really cares about Jacinda and wants the best for her.

The home she thought was her home for many years isn't any more. She was kept watched 24/7 and was only allow to do thing around the town when someone was guarding her. Jacinda is forced to completely reevaluate the relationships with the people she loves. Seeing Will was what she really wanted to do when she arrived back at her town. Seeing Will again had become just a fantasy in her mind. She never thought it happen again. She felt alone her sister Tamra who everyone thought was only a human and not a draki is now gifted. Everyone wanted to be around Tamra and stop looking at Jacinda the talatend gifted one. Even Cassian was spending more time with Tamra.

The person I don't like in the book is Cassian's father, because he seems to only care about the dragon race and not care at all about the dragon people, who they are and how there like. He only cares about how well skilled the dragons are going to be and what there skills are. Women to him are only meant for breeding and nothing more. His own daughter got kidnapped and a few hours later he's laughing with his friends and who knows where his daughter might me.

I'm interested on how the series will end. And I hope Jacinda finds happiness in Will.
This book takes me by surprise.

I give this book 5 stars I love it and I was sad that it had to finish so fast. Well done Sophie Jordan.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vanish.

09/27/2011
09/27/2011
23.0% "Great start Sophie =)!!!!"
10/07/2011
91.0% "So sad that this book will end. I'm not one to say this about any book I read. =( This is a 5 star book. =)"
show 2 hidden updates…