Natasha's Reviews > Prophecy of the Sisters

Apr 04, 11

bookshelves: historical, fantasy
Recommended for: Those who like the "National Treasure" movies
Read on March 29, 2011 — I own a copy

This was an interesting read. I wasn't expecting it to be set in Victorian-like times, but it was an interesting bonus. The characters were really twisted. Alice made me shiver, and Zink didn't go with the cliched "twin sisters must be best friends and do everything with one another". Alice was one twisted sister. I liked Lia well enough, and the mystery behind the whole story was pretty fascinating. I am a sucker for old "treasure map" mysteries, and this one even had a dash of magic!

I wasn't really sure about the other characters. Lia's younger brother was fairly well fleshed out as well as her aunt, but I felt her boyfriend/lover/friend was a little flat. Well, a lot flat. I understand that he didn't have a big role in the book, but I felt their romance was cardboard.

The role of her friends Sonia and Luisa, as well as some shocking twists that hit me full force, I was not entirely sure where the book was headed. The end clearly left a lot to be done in the next book, but it didn't leave a large "I can't wait for the next book to come out!!!!" void. It was just a little lackluster.

All in all, a good read. I devoured it in a day.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Prophecy of the Sisters.