Megan's Reviews > Spousonomics: Using Economics to Master Love, Marriage, and Dirty Dishes

Spousonomics by Paula Szuchman

F 50x66
Mar 30, 2011

Read in March, 2011

I really liked this book. Mixing economics with mariage doesn't seem right but as I read it, it just seemed so logical. I've never been able to wrap my mind around any economic concept other than the Lafer curve and supply & demand. But this book made economic principles seem so intuitive.

It's such a pragmatic approach to marital issues. Who is going to do the dishes? Why won't my husband put his dirty clothes in the hamper and how do I get him to do it? This doesn't give you manipulation techniques, just common sense.

It's kind of a troubleshooting guide. It identifies problems down the road and how to head them off. It explains current issues that you may or may not be having in your marriage and what others did to fix them.

It isn't a 'fix your marriage' type book that talks about gaining passion or soul connecting. It's just a good book worth reading. It's funny and almost all of it had me nodding and thinking to myself, "oh yeah, I get that" and "ugh, I know exactly how she feels".

I recommend it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Spousonomics.

message 1: by Pang (new) - added it

Pang whoa - you read this?!?! it's on my to-read. glad to see you liked it : )