Barbara's Reviews > Where Shadows Dance

Where Shadows Dance by C.S. Harris

Apr 02, 11

bookshelves: historical-fiction, mystery-thriller-goodies
Read from March 27 to 28, 2011

I quite enjoy this series and this book did not disappoint.
I am coming to like Sebastian more and more and I've always been a Hero Jarvis fan. So I am very interested to see how their relationship is going to play out.
The plot is rather convoluted, with spies, Foreign Office people turning up dead, foreigners with links to the F.O. turning up dead, a chest of gold sovereigns and the very seductive 'wife' of the Turkish Emissary.
And, believe it or not, there is actually a bit of comic relief in this one. Really.

After the personal bombshells that have been dropped on Sebastian in the past books that affect his relationship with his father and with his long time love, Kat Boleyn, it was nice to be spared one of those. However, one of the characters did know Sebastian's mother. But circumstances prevent Sebastian from learning more.

One big quibble--a late plot development has Hero kidnapped by a couple of ruffians. I did a big double-take on how Hero managed to rescue herself. Our Hero has hidden depths! (But it was a bit jarring).

I am looking forward to the next one.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Where Shadows Dance.