qingling's Reviews > Deadly Little Games

Deadly Little Games by Laurie Faria Stolarz

Jun 11, 11

Read from April 16 to 27, 2011

This was the third book of the Touch series by Laurie Faria Stolarz. I had read the first two book and had been waiting for a long time for the third book to come out. Now that it finally did, I was very eager to start the book. This book was about how Camelia found that Adam was in trouble and she tried to solve the puzzles before it was too late. Adam was being threatened by anonymous crossword puzzles that spelled out messages of desire, hatred, and betrayal. Camelia received messages from her clay works that pointed toward the possibility that someone wanted to cause Adam harm. She also received warnings from her aunt's painting that Adam was in danger in the future. She desperately wanted to help Adam out without having to review too much of her secret power. Camelia also wanted to have Ben helped her out, but Ben had sensed things that he didn't want to happen so he refused. At the end, Ben's prediction still came true. No matter what they knew about the future, those predictions still came true and were unavoidable. Camelia and Ben became each other's supporters, yet their relationships couldn't last for long. At the end, it came to a short stop that showed that they were fated to be together yet they were going to be separated for the time being. Truthfully, this book had such ending that it was disappointing. I didn't like the book as much as I liked the other books. But overall, the book was okay. I would like it much better if it was to be revolved around Ben and Camelia more. This book talked too much about Adam and Camelia, while Ben and Camelia was the main couple. I couldn't relate to Camelia that much with her having the special power. But like her, I wanted to always protect those I cared and loved. No matter what the difficulties were, I would always do my best to help and support them if I could. I would recommend this book to those who had read the first two books of the series. The readers might have different opinions about the book, so it would always be best for them to judge the book through their own eyes. I would definitely tell the readers to continue on the series, despite how disappointing some parts of the book were to them.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deadly Little Games.