Shira Anthony's Reviews > The Salisbury Key

The Salisbury Key by Harper Fox

Mar 30, 11

bookshelves: angst, thriller, m-m-slash
Read in March, 2011 — I own a copy, read count: 1

First off, I am a HUGE fan of Harper Fox. All of her books are extraordinarily well-written and have a serious plot line other than the obvious slash romance. That said, this was not her best, although it is a strong entry and still deserves a five-star, in my opinion, when put in context with other novels of the same genre. It's just that some of her other works, especially "A Midwinter Prince" and "Driftwood," merit more like a 10 star on my scale.

"The Salisbury Key" worked more for me on the level of adventure/thriller than romance. It lacked some of the wonderful romantic angstiness of Ms. Fox's other stories. But for me, what it lacked in angst, it made up in a very interesting plot line where I really wanted to find out what was happening and what a particular character's motivation was. The romance was a bit secondary to the plot, but it was still sexy and sweet.

MILD SPOILERS:

(view spoiler)

I am always amazed at how much Ms. Fox seems to know about her subjects - in this book, both archeology and bomb-disposal, as well as a few other little tidbits that I won't get into (don't want to spoil it). All in all, a great read as always from a great writer. If you've never read Ms. Fox before, try the two titles I've recommended above first, but don't hesitate to read this little beauty afterwards!

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Salisbury Key.