Marva's Reviews > Dying for Justice

Dying for Justice by L.J. Sellers

Mar 30, 2011

bookshelves: fellow-goodreaders
Read in March, 2011

A woman wakes from a two year coma. Everyone thought she'd attempted suicide, but she claims something else happened. Somebody had attacked her and staged a suicide.

A condemned murderer writes an appeal to Detective Jackson to re-open the case, claiming he wasn't the murderer after all, but had been browbeaten into a confession. Can Detective Jackson put aside his feelings to find the truth of the matter? It's especially hard since the man was convicted or murdering Jackson's own parents.

My favorite aspect of this book is the merging of two separate mysteries: one involving Wade Jackson, a favorite of mine, and a second with Detective Lara Evans.

Det. Evans was in the previous Jackson mysteries, so I knew her a bit. I was happy to see her grabbing hold of her own cases and running them on her own.

Each Sellers book I read is a little better than the previous. I like her widening the role of Det. Evans. Who doesn't like a tough female cop with ambition?

What can I say without giving away too much? Only this is a darned good police procedural involving characters you love to follow. I think L.J. Sellers gives us as good as J.D. Robb ever did. Maybe it's something to do with using two inits instead of a first name. Whatever it is, it's working.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dying for Justice.