Keilani Ludlow's Reviews > False Mermaid

False Mermaid by Erin Hart

U_50x66
Mar 30, 11

Read in March, 2011

If you've read the first book, you'll already know if you like her style of mystery novel or not. I think she writes very engaging characters, and a story that you want to know all of, and I'm not nearly as into mystery novels as other types. I could live without the semi-graphic sexual situations and the f-words. That being said, she doesn't use the swearing as filler the way some authors do so it's not consistently throughout the book. All in all, I will still be waiting for her next book to come out because I like her story and her characters. All of her books have a tiny little element of the mystical (Irish mysticism) and have a very old mystery tied in with a modern mystery that adds to the draw.

This is the third following these main characters and Nora is finally headed home to solve the mystery of her sister's death. I still can't decide if the end was satisfying or not, the bad guy was sort of not who I thought it was and it sort of was who I thought it was - that should leave you wondering - and while I (small SPOILER) am all for the bad guy dying at the end of any book (because lets face it, if they go to jail they just keep making trouble for all involved and then they get out again) this time didn't bring quite the same closure that it usually does for some reason.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read False Mermaid.