Jill's Reviews > Return to the Hundred Acre Wood

Return to the Hundred Acre Wood by David Benedictus

Apr 22, 11

Read from March 30 to April 21, 2011

This was a sweet book. Philosophical at times, and then laugh-out-loud funny. It wasn't horrible, it wasn't exceptional. It was a light read and Mr. Dale made the characters personalities captivating. I especially liked Lottie the Otter.

Of Jim Dale's performances, this wasn't my favorite, but then I've never been a big Winnie the Pooh fan. Christopher Robin is an extraordinary friend, one who makes all the animals feel good about themselves and what they can do no matter their limitations. If children simply listened and learned from how he treats the animals of the Hundred Acre Wood, the world would be a kinder place. He doesn't flatter, he doesn't give in, he acknowledges, suggests improvements and helps everyone come along together - even when he's annoyed with occasional tedious tendencies on their part. He taught me much.

I liked it, but didn't love it. I'm glad I listened to it, but I'm also glad I just borrowed it from the library to do so. I love libraries.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Return to the Hundred Acre Wood.