Samantha Dye's Reviews > Six Suspects

Six Suspects by Vikas Swarup

Mar 30, 11

Read in March, 2011 — I own a copy

Having only seen the movie and not read "Slumdog Millionaire", I wasn't sure what to expect of the follow up. Sometimes movies try so hard, but fail to really let the viewer truly understand what the author wants to convey. For me, books are always so much better than the movie, but "Slumdog" was so good, that I was prepared to give it a go with the second novel from Vikas Swarup without having read the first. I was not disappointed. From the beginning, the characters draw you in and I found myself desperate to know what happens next. The writing is very descriptive and tells tales of life in India at both the top and bottom of the social scale. I had sympathy for some, understanding for others, and loathing for some of the central characters, and the whodunit style of the book made it an absolute page turner.
My only criticism is that one of the characters is not fully explained and I felt like I was left hanging a little (Mohan "Ghandi baba" Kumar").

Overall, a very enjoyable book. I look forward to reading another from Vikas. And when this comes out at the cinema, I will be first in line!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Six Suspects.