Alyssa (Hesperia Loves Books)'s Reviews > Management Skills

Management Skills by January Rowe

Apr 01, 11

bookshelves: read-in-2011
Read on April 01, 2011, read count: 1

In this book we meet Grant who is first attracted to Allie when he sees her dancing in a voyeuristic show at a bondage club. They have an attraction to each other but never act on it. Skip to 5 years later - Allie has left the dancing business and now comes to work for Grant his lighting design company. From there the they start a very hot D/s relationship.

While I really like the storyline concept, I felt as if I didn't get enough of their story. That may be due to the fact that this was in a novella/short story format. I would of loved to see more than just their D/s story explored. It seems that the story only concentrated on the sex and the struggle between Grant/Allie to find the right balance between them & not the personal side of getting to know each other & ultimately falling in love. I was also unsatisfied with the ending, it was rushed and the last scene just did not feel natural or flow with the storyline.

If the story was presented in a full book format and the author had word count sufficient to develop the characters, I think this would have been a much better story. All in all - it was good quick read. I look forward to reading more from January Rowe.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Management Skills.

04/01/2011