Julie Davis's Reviews > Prince Caspian

Prince Caspian by C.S. Lewis

Apr 01, 11

Read in March, 2011

I have listened to the first hour and am hooked on the story. It is pleasant to hear something of Narnia that is not The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe, which is the only story I've been exposed to before now. As with that book, I enjoyed Lewis' way of telling this children's story.

Actually, I enjoyed this much more than the Lion (etc.), possibly because the story was completely new to me. I especially appreciated Lucy's interaction with Aslan toward the end, after she couldn't persuade everyone to change routes. I'm looking forward to the next book (I'm reading them in the "publication" order, just as we read the Harry Potter books through necessity. :-)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Prince Caspian.

Quotes Julie Liked

C.S. Lewis
“You come of the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve," said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth. Be content.”
C.S. Lewis, Prince Caspian

C.S. Lewis
“But what would have been the good?"
Aslan said nothing.
"You mean," said Lucy rather faintly, "that it would have turned out all right – somehow? But how? Please, Aslan! Am I not to know?"
"To know what would have happened, child?" said Aslan. "No. Nobody is ever told that."
"Oh dear," said Lucy.
"But anyone can find out what will happen," said Aslan. "If you go back to the others now, and wake them up; and tell them you have seen me again; and that you must all get up at once and follow me – what will happen? There is only one way of finding out.”
C.S. Lewis, Prince Caspian