Jake E's Reviews > Payback Time

Mar 30, 11

Carl Deuker Jake Everett
Payback Time 3/29/11
298 Pgs. G3

My 3rd quarter book is called Payback Time by Carl Deuker. This book is fictional. Some of the main characters are Mitch, Kimi, Coach McNulty and Angel. Mitch is a kinda big kid but really likes to write stories for his school newspaper. Kimi is little and very nice to everyone. She also does stuff for the school newspaper except she takes photos and doesnt write. Coach McNulty is very strict man that was the head coach of a college football team until he was fired and had to move down to high school. He really likes things his way and doesnt like to be talked out of it. Angel is a mysterious man, who has one of the best arms Mitch has ever seen. Mitch writes the sports section for the school newspaper and doesnt really like it. One day he goes to one of the football practices to get an interview with the star quarterback, when he see Angel throwing the football like a pro. When he asks Coach McNulty about him coach just blows him off. So Mitch gets suspicious and starts to figure out why he wasnt anwsered. When he started to dig, every where he looked nothing was there. Then he got an idea, all of the information he would need would be in the principals files. So he got Kimi to distract the principal while he got the files, copied them, and put them back into the cabinet. When he went over the files he noticed that every file that he was supposed to have was destroyed by Coach McNulty on July 4. This book is mostly about Mitch trying to find everything about Angel out.
I liked this book a lot. This was one of the best books I've read. It was one of the best because it just kept pulling me back in and wanting to read more. I would recommened this book to anyone that likes sports and a little suspense.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Payback Time.