Carol's Reviews > The Firm

The Firm by John Grisham

Mar 31, 11

Read in June, 1994

This book was really great! Loved every second of it though it isn't an easy story to read. I seriously couldn't put it down. The premise drew you in--everyone that works hard wants an offer like the one Mitch McDeere is offered by the Firm. It's intoxicating! I wanted to get that offer! There's no way you could say no. Grisham was a master at pulling you into Mitch's shoes, which is impressive since its written in 3rd person. You feel his stress as the work is piled onto him, and the expectations he places on himself are enormous. His marriage is in trouble, and he is trying his best to stay afloat. Then as he starts to question things, you feel that same unease, especially because as the reader, you know there is a huge coverup going on. He is so clever, which is awesome because you think there's no way he can get out of it. The storyline is gripping. Hold on... because you won't stop until you're at the end. Fantastic. Recommend it to anyone that wants to get sucked into a book! I enjoyed the movie too. Picked good characters to play smooth folks that portray the characters in the book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Firm.