Barner's Reviews > You Had Me at Woof: How Dogs Taught Me the Secrets of Happiness

You Had Me at Woof by Julie Klam

U 50x66
Mar 30, 2011

Read in March, 2011

Those of you who know me well can look at this book's cover and know why I enjoyed the book so much. Julie Klam, a dog lover, lives and writes in NYC, living in an apartment with her husband, daughter and three Boston Terriers. She also works with Boston Terrier Rescue in the NYC area and thus often fosters Bostons. The subtitle of the book " How Dogs taught me the secrets of Happiness" indicates her attitude toward the whole dog loving process: It is a wonderful, amusing and giving two-way street.

One quote tells the story: "A very wise dog womn once told me that dogs find owners, not the other way around. They pick you and they choose to stay with you. In that way, they are also giving you the end of their life. The deeper the bond, the harder it is to say good bye. I know I'd rather have any amount of time with a dog I love and suffer the mourning than not have the time at all." (that's so true; right, Bonnie?)

Graham and his girl friend Laura found this book for me.I am a lucky grandmother. And Max enjoyed sitting in my lap while I was reaading!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read You Had Me at Woof.