Brenda's Reviews > Book of Days

Book of Days by James L. Rubart

Mar 30, 2011

Read in February, 2011

Cameron Vaux was twenty five when his father died, his dad was only forty-nine. The last conversation Cameron had with his dad was on a day when his dad was pretty lucid, you see Cameron's dad suffered from memory loss, dementia. When he warns Cameron that he too will lose his mind, and when he starts losing his memory that he must find the book of all days Cameron just brushes it off. Fast forward eight years and Cameron's memory is starting to fail. It has been going on for over a year and its getting progressively worse. Could it be possible that his father's prediction is coming true?
This book was quite interesting, the characters were solid and very well fleshed out. As we get the back story of Cameron it is easy to understand why he would fear losing his memory. Ann has her own reasons for looking for The Book Of Days, and we also see her trying to deal with her long held feelings for Cameron.The author provides several secondary characters that round out the story quite well.

While this book started out a bit slow for me, once it got going it was filled with enough mystery and suspense and plenty of plot twists that kept me reading to try and figure out what was going to happen. The ending was a twist that I didn't expect.

This book would easily appeal to anyone who likes a good suspense/mystery with spiritual undertones woven into the story. I am so glad that I kept reading because I enjoyed it and will look for more from this author.
A complimentary copy of this book was provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Book of Days.