Erin Ashley's Reviews > Silence

Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick

Mar 30, 2011

bookshelves: angels, paranormal-romance
Read in November, 2011

** spoiler alert ** I loved this book just as much as I loved the first two!

When I thought that the story couldn't get any better, it did. Becca Fitzpatrick breathes a certain life into her characters that truly makes you believe they are real. I certainly believe that there is a huge possibility of a Patch and Nora living somewhere on this planet. It is a beautiful thought.

What I liked most about this book was the mystery Nora was going through. This book could have started off very generically from where the last one left off but it didn't and that was a huge surprise. I personally felt very mysterious and kept in the dark along with Nora. Having the book begin with Nora in a familiar yet unfamiliar place and having her memory stripped was something I was not expecting and it was fantastic. It was a joy to begin on another journey with Nora, trying to decipher what she had forgotten along with her even though the reader already knows a lot of what she doesn't remember.

Another highlight of this book and the series is the romance. I don't find it sappy and too needy, I find the romance in this book and the series to one that again, feels real. Nora has her girly desires that are there yet reined in to a point and Patch knows what he wants and he wants Nora. He is flirty and has a powerful desire of his own to protect Nora and also have his way with her yet still being a perfect gentlemen. This romance doesn't feel as hyped up as other paranormal romances are, this one isn't the focus all the time, but it is there, you always know it is there. They have a desire to be together but still do not let it overpower what is most important.

The drama and danger in this book was high and always a prevelant force. Everything Nora learned she had to hide away from Hank for the fear of him hurting her mother or possibly Vee. I know if she could have let rip on Hank that Nora would have spared no time in trying to destroy as much of him as she possibly could. Hank did have an evil about him that was impossible to forget about at all times. I couldn't stand how he had everything planned out for Nora, his biological daughter, and how she basically had no choice in the matter to become a full Nephillim. It does make things more interesting though for the next book and I assume the last.

I definitely recommend this book and this series to young adults. It has all the good things that a young adult book needs, romance, danger and desire. I find this series to be one of those rare series that you can read over and over again and not get sick of, well, I haven't gotten sick of these books yet anyway!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Silence.