Yvonne's Reviews > Three Complete Books: The Secret Garden/a Little Princess/Little Lord Fauntleroy

Three Complete Books by Frances Hodgson Burnett

Feb 18, 08

bookshelves: books-i-read-as-a-child

I loved The Little Princess and The Secret Garden when I was a young girl. I never read Little Lord Fauntleroy until I was an adult, but I enjoyed that book as well.

I liked reading about Sarah Crewe's remarkably mature attitude as she went from riches to rags and back again. She never mistreated others when she was rich, but she also didn't have as much of an opportunity to show true compassion for others until her riches were taken away. Then you see her true grit and watch as her character develops into a remarkably mature young woman who gives her 'last mite' to the poorest of poor to help alleviate their suffering.

I loved The Secret Garden - especially witnessing Mary's transformation from a spoiled brat into a young girl who learns to care for others. And just like Heidi, I love seeing how playing outside in the fresh air and eating real food can make a sickly child healthy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Three Complete Books.