Book Angel Emma's Reviews > Juliet Immortal

Juliet Immortal by Stacey Jay

Aug 23, 12

bookshelves: classics-carnival
Read on May 08, 2012

Wow - what a brilliant alternative look at Romeo & Juliet.

I adore soul-mates <3

Juliet’s innate goodness shines through the narrative; tasked with helping people find their soul-mates in a quest to aid good triumph. However, not all is as it seems.

Blaming Romeo for her death, Juliet has twisted the events of that fateful night in her mind, holding onto her bitterness and anger at Romeo through all these years. I loved how the pieces of the original Shakesperean tale were woven into the story, especially Ben *swoon*.

Although Romeo is the ‘bad’ guy in this scenario you can’t help but feel his remorse for his actions. His whole characterisation and craziness made his character so much more than you could have imagined. He realizes too late just how badly he has been deceived and the full extent of the cost of his actions. Through all his sexy bad boy image you can still see the spark of goodness at his core.

The book does centre around the romantic aspects, I completely adored how love was represented in all its forms, especially the simple fact that people should be able to love themselves. the different types of love (family, friendship, romantic) were beautifully portrayed and showed how important love is in the scheme of life. Taking the ideal that love is the most powerful thing in the world to a new level.

The battle of good versus evil or in this case Light versus dark adds an element of action and suspense to the story as a whole. The idea of parallel universes and alternative destinies is something that fascinates me and was very well conveyed within the plot. the fact that Dark and Light feed off positive and negative emotions added an extra edge to the plot.

I wouldn’t really class this as a re-imaging for me it is more of a continuation of the Romeo and Juliet tale with a paranormal twist.

Plot twists and revelations abound making it not only a deeply romantic read but a thrilling page turner on top. Beautiful writing enables a connection to the characters that had me rooting for them all the way through. Yes, even Romeo.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Juliet Immortal.