Kaetrin's Reviews > Divided in Death

Divided in Death by J.D. Robb

Oct 23, 11

bookshelves: audiobooks, romantic-suspense
Read from October 18 to 22, 2011

** spoiler alert ** (*spoiler alert*) This is the book where Eve finds out Homeland Security knew about what was happening to her as a child and for most of the book thereafter, Roarke and Eve are at odds because Roarke wants to take them out and Eve wants him to leave them alone because she can't stomach him committing murder. I must say, as much as I enjoyed the story, when I read it the first time and when I listen to it now, I still felt there was a disconnect about Eve's attitude. Roarke had already committed murder on a number of occasions (and he was fairly elaborate too) (re Somerset's daughter Marlena's death) so while I could understand on one level that Eve didn't want Roarke to commit murder FOR HER because she couldn't live with it if he was a murderer, she being a cop and all, it highlighted to me that she was living with him and he HAD committed murder, her being a cop and all. I still can't quite reconcile it, like a piece of information that's just off to the left or something, so I just shrug and go with it. Otherwise, the usual enjoyable listen.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Divided in Death.