Brittney Musick's Reviews > Lead Me On

Lead Me On by Victoria Dahl

Dec 17, 11

bookshelves: audiobook, 1-adult, genre-romance-contemporary, 1-series, genre-mystery-thriller-suspense, read-2011
Read from December 16 to 17, 2011

Lead Me On was a terrific end to the Tumble Creek series. As much as I enjoyed the previous two books, Jane is definitely my favorite heroine of the series. I was curious when she first showed up in Start Me Up, and, boy, did she has a very interesting story to tell.

To escape her past, family and a horrible reputation, Jane has changed her name along with her image. On the outside, she seems like a respectable straight-laced young woman, but when she meets Chase, a big, sexy man with tattoos, a bit of the girl from her past comes creeping back in because he's exactly the kind of man that turns her on.

While Chase might look like a bad boy, he's actually a educated business owner with familial issues of his own. His image, however, makes Jane reluctant to give in to being with him because his looks are at odds with what she has constructed in her mind as what's acceptable to keep within her reincarnation of herself.

There were many times when I felt myself getting incredibly frustrated with Jane, but, thankfully, Chase wasn't a man to stand idly by. He had a backbone and was willing to push her and call her on it when her way of thinking was twisted. As a couple, I thought they worked well together; they balanced each other out.

On top of Jane battling her feelings for Chase, Jane finds herself dragged back into the past when her brother becomes a murder suspect. The family dynamic was a very interesting, and maybe the exact circumstances were unusual, but I think there were bits that most people would relate to their own families.

I enjoyed Jane's struggling to find a way for the past and present versions of herself to coexist. She had been holding on to a lot of anger, shame and just general bad feelings, so it was a satisfying when she finally began to come to terms and try to fix the pieces that she could.

Also, Grandma Olive was an absolute hoot. She was a great source of comic relief throughout the story, but I can safely say that I'm eternally grateful that my grandma is nothing like her.

I enjoyed the small appearances from characters from the previous books as well. I kind of wish they had shown up more, but I did enjoy the scenes they were in.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lead Me On.