Kim's Reviews > Reckoning

Reckoning by Lili St. Crow

Feb 08, 15

bookshelves: favourites, paranormal, vampires, shapeshifters
Read from October 29 to 30, 2011

What an unbelievable way to end the series. I feel sort of lost knowing it has come to an end now. Two years of watching Dru go through unthinkable challenges for her life and the lives of her friends and finally there's a bit of peace in her future.

I was happy to see Dru out fighting for herself a lot more in 'Reckoning'. In the past she's taken a back-seat at times, letting others fight with/for her; but she stepped up and took charge and I was so proud of her.

I couldn't help getting worked out through all the action scenes. I had to remind myself to breathe through most of them, especially considering I wasn't actually in a fight for my life, so I was safe from the nasty nosferatu.

Christophe, oh my super cool, amazingly awesome Christophe. It is not possible to say how much I love you and I wish you'd been in the book a little more (because who doesn't love Apple-Pie Boy?). Chris, your fighting skills are insanely impressive and I just love that you're always trying to save Dru.

I can't help feeling a little surprised at how many twists occurred in 'Reckoning'. While I always hope the final book in a series will keep up the excitement and adventure, so much still seemed to be uncovered about characters and the past. It's definitely a book that keeps you on your toes and on the edge of your seat.

I'm not sure what to think of the ending. While it seems like most of the issues and problems all wrapped up, I was hoping for a little more. At the same time I'm impressed with the way Lili approached the relationship issue, I'm not sure how to react to it, but I can't deny that it was a unique way of dealing with a love triangle, especially in the YA genre.

I'm sad to be leaving Dru and Chris and the gang.
4.5/5 stars
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Reckoning.

10/29/2011 page 40
10/29/2011 page 162
53.0% "What? It's ok Dru...He'll find you. He always finds you."
10/29/2011 page 210