Cynthia (A Blog about Nothing)'s Reviews > The Girl Who Was on Fire: Your Favorite Authors on Suzanne Collins' Hunger Games Trilogy

The Girl Who Was on Fire by Leah Wilson

Apr 05, 11

Read from March 29 to April 05, 2011 — I own a copy

The Girl Who Was on Fire is a well written and engrossing anthology by several very talented YA authors who are also big fans of The Hunger Games Series. I knew that I wanted to read this because some of my favorite authors like Carrie Ryan, Sarah Rees Brennan and Jennifer Lynn Barnes were in it expressing their thougths on the series, but I didn't know if I was going to love it since I'm not used to non-fiction anthologies, but I was wrong. I loved reading this book and was surprisingly captivated and sucked in from the very first essay, I found it hard to put down and all along it kept me wanting to go back and dive into the amazing series that is The Hunger Games.

While reading this anthology I felt like I was having a very thorough discussion about one of my favorite and most memorable series with a bunch of friends. I know in real life these authors are not my friends, but there were so many things that you can agree and disagree with while reading this book that it made it so familiar and very easy to read, just like when you go out for coffee with your friends and talk about books. There were things that I agreed and some that I disagreed about in some of these essays but they were all very well explained and researched, some of these authors even added a bit of humor into their opinions which actually made me laugh and some were so emotional and brought all those feelings I had while reading the series that it made me tear up a couple of times. This book covers everything in all three books of The Hunger Games series, and you can feel while you're reading it that the authors felt very passionate about their opinions on each subject in their essay.

These authors break the series up in little pieces and dissect and analyze everything with detail, emotions and lots of research. It covers every topic from the political part of the series to the love triangle, the will to survive, and so much more that I didn't even realize was in the series until reading this book. One that resonated with me the most was Jennifer Lynn Barnes' essay about being on Team Katniss and not being about just Gale and Peeta but about much more than just the love triangle, it brings out so many emotions about Katniss and why we love her so much that it actually brought me to tears. It will definitely open your eyes about so much that goes on in The Hunger Games, things that we can already see happening in the world. I definitely recommend this one to every Hunger Games fan, it will make you look at the series in a whole new light and love it even more.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Girl Who Was on Fire.