Jinky's Reviews > Pippi Longstocking

Mar 29, 11

bookshelves: read-in-2011
Read in March, 2011

(3.5)
I wanted to read a fun book and out of the blue Pippi came to mind. I recall what joy it was to watch her on TV, so I figured I'd read the book for nostalgia. Sure enough, the read brought me back to the wacky adventures of Pippi and her friends. Fun times.

Yes, Pippilotta Delicatessa Windowshade Mackrelmint Efraim's Daughter Longstocking's not the best role model ...being unruly and such, but that's part of her charm and not the point (to glorify unruliness). To me, she represents the adventurous kid inside of us. It's no wonder Tommy and Annika enjoys spending time with her; there's just no dull moment around Pippi. A fantasy full of fun and experience awaits when you're with her. Just for those moments, one gets to fly, seek, laugh, smile, and have fun! Pippi, the classic supernatural kid.

Though the read brought me back to the fun feelings, the writing did not vividly capture the glee that I found and treasured in the TV series. Nonetheless, a fun read for novelty.

Pippi
Tommy, Pippi, and Annika
(side note: I saw myself as Annika)

Song: "I am Pippi Longstocking, how I love my funny naaaame. I am Pippi Longstocking, if you say it fast it's fuuunny! ..." Now this song is stuck in my head! LOL.

***Find this review and more at Jinky is Reading

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pippi Longstocking.

Kwesi 章英狮 I really missed Pippi. Huhu.

K.D. Absolutely I read this book last year. Nice review!