DazzlinSN's Reviews > Shadow Kiss

Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead

5192480
Mar 29, 2011

bookshelves: romance, fantasy

2nd favorite book in the series!! I LOVED this book, even though the ending broke my heart! Rose's character was so different in this book. She was still the bad-ass we all love, but she was more somber in this book. (character development!) This book cranked up the emotion, romance, drama, and intensity compared to the first two books. I loved seeing Rose for the first time truly feel frustrated about not being able to live her life out fully. She begins to question everything about her life. This change felt authentic and added an emotional depth to the book. This coupled with spirit causes Rose to start to go crazy. The assignments the Damphir have to do showed the risks of being a guardian and elevated the stakes for Rose. As for my favorite male, Dimitri, his addition to the book was perfect. Dimitri and Rose's relationship was heightened in this book. You could feel the connection between these two and the pain Rose felt for not being able to be with him. Rose began to really lean on Dimitri in this one which made their romance even more bittersweet. The Cabin scene is by far one of my absolute favorite scenes in the entire series. It was a pivotal moment in Rose and Dimitri's relationship. The love between these two was breathtaking. Of course, all hope is shattered by the action-packed ending. The battle with the Strigoi was a defining moment in the series. Dimitri's " change" shattered my heart, but it was also a defining moment in the book, series, and most importantly: in Rose's life. The ending made me want to scream, but eager for the next.
This is definitely the 2nd best book in the series, the best being the last one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shadow Kiss.