IrenesBookReviews's Reviews > Hearts Aglow

Hearts Aglow by Tracie Peterson

Mar 29, 11

Read in March, 2011

I usually enjoy Tracie Peterson’s books. Maybe I should have read the first book in this series (Striking A Match) because this book was like picking up a book and only reading the middle chapters!

This second book in the series starts out with a murder. It felt like the murder was just there to get the book started because once you got past those few pages the book just crawls along. There are a few moments of action like when a strong storm comes through the area. Even the storm though is talked about and then you feel just dropped off there. It was like these moments were written for another book and thrown in this one to add some action.

The story follows the lives of a family in Texas. There are a lot of characters but the main one for most of the book is Deborah. Deborah, who wants to be a doctor, goes along with the town doctor, whom she is courting, to his medical calls. The town people accept him as their doctor but not her helping him even though she has been there all her life. This part just isn’t believable.

The story leaves you hanging on certain plots. I have read many books that were part of a series but this is the first one where I felt you really must read the series in order to follow the story.

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hearts Aglow.