Camille's Reviews > I Shall Not Want

I Shall Not Want by Debbie Viguié

May 22, 11

bookshelves: christian-fiction, favorites, mystery, 4-and-a-half-stars, kindle, lendable, books-i-own
Read from May 16 to 17, 2011

From my blog, A Book A Day: http://books-camilleelise4.blogspot.com

I Shall Not Want by Debbie Viguié

This book is the second book in Debbie Viguié's series, The Psalm 23 Mysteries.

I read the first book, The Lord Is My Shepherd, and you can read my review of that book by clicking here. I immediately fell in love with the series, and had to get my hands on book number two!

I Shall Not Want again features Cindy and Jeremiah. This time they are both attending an event held by a member of Cindy's church, Joseph, who is starting a new charity giving homeless people dogs, which are going to have all their food and veterinarian care paid for, in order to hopefully serve as motivation for those who are homeless to care for themselves better.

As Cindy goes off to find Joseph's assistant, she again stumbles over a dead body, and Jeremiah once again hears her scream and comes to her rescue. As more and more homeless people are attacked or killed, and their dogs stolen, it becomes clear to Cindy that someone is after the dogs, but why?

Will Cindy again be able to solve the mystery of who is behind such brutal attacks? Will Jeremiah once again come to her rescue and help her out, or has their bond faded since the last series of murders? And is it possible there is something dark hiding in Jeremiah's past which relates to the attacks?

Read I Shall Not Want to find out!
This is such a wonderful mystery series! Not only do I love mysteries, but this has a Christian fiction element, which is really unique.

You have to feel like Cindy is the most unlucky person to stumble across dead bodies fairly regularly, but she is quick on her feet, and able to fend for herself, regardless of the horrors she sees.

I read this book in about a day (I went on a trip and since I had a few hours in a car, I was able to spend time reading the book there and on the way back) and it was really hard to put down once I started! Debbie Viguié is good at spinning an air of mystery and pulling the reader in.

At first, it was so confusing as to why someone was selecting the targets they were, and then when the likely reason is revealed as the only connection between the attacked people is their newly adopted dogs, the motivation comes as a bit of a surprise!

While I didn't enjoy this book quite as much as the first book, it was still a fast and very enjoyable read. Part of what I loved about book one was the intertwining of Jewish and Christian religions and holidays, and this book had less of that, so it wasn't quite as interesting. I also preferred the mystery and the outcome of the first book, it just was so captivating.

But, I Shall Not Want was still such a wonderful read, and I am so excited because I got the third book in the series, Lie Down In Green Pastures, for free on Amazon recently, so I cannot wait to read it! I look forward to seeing more of Cindy and Jeremiah as they team up to solve more mysteries!

4.5 stars!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Shall Not Want.

05/16/2011 page 48