Kasey's Reviews > The Raven's Revenge

The Raven's Revenge by Gina Black

I love when I come across a free book and it is such a good story. I always enjoy historical romance and this was no exception. Although the time frame is different from the favorites currently for setting. It is the time of restoration in England. The returning of freedom of the English Roman Catholic brought the return of many who had fled to exile. Nicholas was just that an Earl who had been living in exile. On his return he is trying to keep a promise to his father to get back their family estate. He meets Anna who is of course the daughter of a Protestant family who now owns his family lands. I absolutely enjoyed their story and the process of two such opposite people falling in love. With secrets and fleeing from an arranged marriage it is not an easy road for either of them, but I believed they could have really fallen in love this way. It wasn't instant (neither disliked the other, they didn't really know each other) as they had to get past their different upbringing to the person each is. My only complaint is the end with the Kings involvement seemed a little maybe to easy or off for the story either way it just didn't work as well for me. But it was really a minor thing.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Raven's Revenge.