Brob's Reviews > A Dragon Forsaken

A Dragon Forsaken by Krystal McLaughlin

F_50x66
Mar 29, 11

Read in March, 2011

Ok here’s the good stuff. The story was well written. The plot is very interesting and isn’t predictable. I felt like the logical points in the story were there but with a twist. I did not at all see the ending or some of the later events coming in this story. Kudos for surprising me.

The one negative thing I have is that, for me, Daphne was a really hard character to identify with and get into. I found this book to be not quite as easy of a read as The Witches Lottery. I think that happens in a series like this though. I got really attached to the characters in the first book and then had trouble leaving them behind. Daphne is also a really tough independent character so we don’t get to see as much of her personality because she is putting up a front for everyone. There are vulnerable moments but for the most part she does have some of the cold unmoving heart that dragons are known for in mythology.

With that said, I really liked with Krystal did with the love story! I won’t give it away but it really made me happy to see some old characters getting to find that special person. I am currently trying to figure out who the next leading character will be in the next installment or if she will revisit some of the older ones.

Overall I really feel like this book was a 3.5 for me. All in all this is a really good buy for 2.99 and it will keep you entertained. It is definitely one of the good buys from the independent side of amazon. The writing was great but I just had some trouble getting into the story at first

www.donotdisturbmybooks.blogspot.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Dragon Forsaken.